Cork
I went to Cork on Friday. We took the train to Cork. It's about a 3 hour train journey. Got to our hostel which was pretty decent. It was clean anyway. The only thing I have to complain about is that they put the sink in the actual room and not the bathroom. I will explain why later. Anyway, Friday night we tried to go to a couple of pubs. One we couldn't get into because it was just too packed. We did manage to go to another one and had a few drinks.
We got up early on Saturday and went shopping in the city centre. It's funny how no matter where you go, you always seem to end up at the shops. The nice thing about Cork though is that it wasn't as busy as Dublin. You could actually walk down the streets without getting bumped. Everyone kept saying how busy it would be because of the jazz festival, but it actually didn't seem to be that busy. Anyway, after we went shopping we went to the Cork City Gaol and took a self guided tour. It was pretty good. We went out to the pubs again at night and then out dancing later on.
Yesterday I went to Cobh. It is a nice place. The main reason why I went is because the guidebook recommended going and everyone at work said it was really nice. Cobh is where the Titanic took off from before it sunk. So I went to the Queenstown Heritage Centre which talked about the importance of Cobh as a port. Then I walked down the street to the town centre. As it was a Sunday, everything was closed. It was also really cold and windy. I could see how it would be a lot nicer in the summer.
Anyway, so the reason I why I am going to complain about the sink being in the room is because we were rooming with these Spanish girls. And they came in at 4 am both nights. Naturally they had to brush their teeth before they went to sleep. But my bunk was beside the sink. Consequently, I got no sleep.
I had to go in to work today even though it's a Bank Holiday (I'm saving my day and carrying it over for Christmas holidays) and I almost didn't make it through the day. I felt myself yawning as I was teaching and that's not a good thing.
The weather here has gotten really cold and it's a damp cold. So it sucks....
We got up early on Saturday and went shopping in the city centre. It's funny how no matter where you go, you always seem to end up at the shops. The nice thing about Cork though is that it wasn't as busy as Dublin. You could actually walk down the streets without getting bumped. Everyone kept saying how busy it would be because of the jazz festival, but it actually didn't seem to be that busy. Anyway, after we went shopping we went to the Cork City Gaol and took a self guided tour. It was pretty good. We went out to the pubs again at night and then out dancing later on.
Yesterday I went to Cobh. It is a nice place. The main reason why I went is because the guidebook recommended going and everyone at work said it was really nice. Cobh is where the Titanic took off from before it sunk. So I went to the Queenstown Heritage Centre which talked about the importance of Cobh as a port. Then I walked down the street to the town centre. As it was a Sunday, everything was closed. It was also really cold and windy. I could see how it would be a lot nicer in the summer.
Anyway, so the reason I why I am going to complain about the sink being in the room is because we were rooming with these Spanish girls. And they came in at 4 am both nights. Naturally they had to brush their teeth before they went to sleep. But my bunk was beside the sink. Consequently, I got no sleep.
I had to go in to work today even though it's a Bank Holiday (I'm saving my day and carrying it over for Christmas holidays) and I almost didn't make it through the day. I felt myself yawning as I was teaching and that's not a good thing.
The weather here has gotten really cold and it's a damp cold. So it sucks....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home